Want to be a Twirler?
Twirling Umbrellas is looking for a creative and tech-savvy Digital Copywriter to add to our awesome, growing team in Kelowna, BC. You will be responsible for the day-to-day digital content needs of the agency, and work with the team to research, analyze, develop and launch compelling content using a variety of platforms.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the content team to develop digital communication and content strategies
- Actively participate in the conception and design of content
- Copywriting and copyediting content for websites, blogs, digital ads, social, and print materials
- Develop content presentations for internal teams and clients
- Stay on top of industry best practices
What you’ve got
- A solid writing portfolio that showcases conceptual thinking, a passion for the industry and awesome writing samples for websites
- A creative, outgoing and detail-oriented personality
- Education in a relevant field is an asset: communications, marketing, journalism (who said an arts degree was useless?)
- 2-4 years of experience writing for web, with proficiency in online advertising platforms and WordPress
- Ability to tailor writing voice to various brands and industries
- Solid understanding of SEO best practices an asset
About Twirling Umbrellas
We’re a unique digital agency located in beautiful Kelowna, BC. Our office is on the 3rd floor of the Kelowna Innovation Centre and we always take the stairs (well, most of the time). Our focus is on transforming brands and using the web to make people’s lives better. We work with local and international clients, from progressive start-ups to large public corporations. Our goal is to produce great work in a casual and fun environment.
Speaking of the environment, our office space is colourful. Just like our brand. It’s a space where collaboration happens, good music plays and the coffee is always on. We do monthly company challenges because who doesn’t like a little friendly competition? When you’re a Twirler, you’ll have a healthy and sustainable work/life balance. What are you waiting for? We can’t wait to welcome you to Team Twirling.
You must be eligible to work in Canada and located in or near Kelowna, BC. This could be a part-time or full-time position depending on the candidate.
How to apply
Fill out the form below and include your resume, cover letter, and writing portfolio (with awesome writing samples for websites).
We thank all applicants for their interest however, we will only contact candidates under consideration.