Want to be a Twirler?
Twirling Umbrellas Ltd. is looking for a talented and friendly Graphic Designer to add to our awesome, growing team. This position will be joining our design team with a focus on website design and branding.
What you’ll do
- Develop graphics for marketing collateral, social, advertisements, branding, and websites
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout
- Meet with the Art Director to determine the scope of a project
- Present designs to the Art Director and/or clients
- Review designs for errors before printing or publishing them
- Coordinate with clients and vendors
- Work within our Project Management software
What you’ve got
- A diploma or degree in Graphic Design is preferred, however, a combination of education and experience will be considered
- Graphic design portfolio
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills including layout design, graphic design, and photo editing
- Experience with Figma is an asset
- Experience with Canva is an asset
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Time management and organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
- Continuous learning mindset and research into design trends
- Ability to accept constructive criticism
- A detailed approach to working with various types of brands
How We Work
Within your first three months of training and onboarding, you should be able to:
- Meet everyone on our team and learn about our culture
- Learn our software and processes
- Create wireframes
- Be comfortable using Figma, and design small websites for mobile and desktop
- Attend kickoff meetings to learn more about a project timeline and requirements
- Learn how to package websites for the development team
- Gain experience on multiple project types (including websites, ads, social graphics & video)
- Gain experience in creating brands, designing modern logos, and brand assets
- Learn our style and work on internal projects for Twirling Umbrellas
- Start to recognize UI trends that are current in the industry
- You must be eligible to work in Canada and located in or near Kelowna, BC
- Full-time position with the option of a 4-day (32 hour) or 5-day (40 hour) work week
- Extended health benefits
- Quarterly Professional Development days and upskilling opportunities
- Salary Range: $45,000 – 55,000
About Twirling Umbrellas
We’re a unique digital agency located in beautiful Kelowna, BC. Our focus is on transforming brands and using the web to make people’s lives better. We work with local and international clients, from progressive start-ups to large public corporations. Our goal is to produce great work in a casual and fun environment.
While we currently have full flexibility for remote work, we connect daily through video meetings and Slack, weekly for virtual team-building activities, and quarterly for professional development days to keep us inspired and growing. Once Covid restrictions are fully lifted, we will enjoy a hybrid schedule working out of our office on the 3rd floor of the Kelowna Innovation Centre.
Twirling Umbrellas is committed to building an environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed, and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision and strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, racialized people, people with disabilities, and/or gender diverse communities. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
To learn more about working for Twirling Umbrellas, visit our careers page
To apply, fill out the form below and include your resume, cover letter, and portfolio. We thank all applicants for their interest however, we will only contact candidates under consideration.
Application deadline: September 30, 2021