Want to be a Twirler?
Twirling Umbrellas is looking for a creative and tech-savvy Senior Web Developer to add to our growing team in Kelowna, BC. Have a degree or certificate in computer science? That’s awesome. Are you self-taught and love writing beautiful code? We want to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Develop custom WordPress websites and plugins and to improve, maintain, and update existing client websites
- Write beautiful, fast, secure, and well-documented code
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members
- Attention to detail and completing QA checklists
- Collaborate with the content and design teams to build killer digital experiences
- Own various development tasks involved in the website project life cycle from start to finish
- Stay on top of industry best practices
- Track all time to our Project Management software
What you’ve got
- A background in or experience developing custom themes for WordPress or another major open-source CMS
- A passion for coding and bringing websites and digital experiences to life
- An innovative and detail-oriented personality
- Enthusiasm about your career and a big opportunity with a growing creative agency
- Bonus points for experience working with an IDE (Visual Studio), CSS preprocessors (SASS), version control systems (GIT), and other fun stuff
- Education in a relevant field is an asset (computer science or web development)
- Must be eligible to work in Canada and located in or near Kelowna, BC
- Full-time position with the option of a 4-day (32 hour) or 5-day (40 hour) work week
- Extended health benefits
- Quarterly Professional Development days and upskilling opportunities
- Salary starting from $45,000 – 55,000 commensurate with experience
About Twirling Umbrellas
We’re a unique digital agency located in beautiful Kelowna, BC. Our focus is on transforming brands and using the web to make people’s lives better. We work with local and international clients, from progressive start-ups to large public corporations. Our goal is to produce great work in a casual and fun environment.
While we currently have full flexibility for remote work, we connect daily through video meetings and Slack, weekly for virtual team-building activities, and quarterly for professional development days to keep us inspired and growing. Once Covid restrictions are fully lifted, we will enjoy a hybrid schedule working out of our office on the 3rd floor of the Kelowna Innovation Centre.
Twirling Umbrellas is committed to building an environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed, and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision and strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, racialized people, people with disabilities, and/or gender diverse communities. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
To learn more about working for Twirling Umbrellas, visit our careers page
How to apply
To apply, fill out the form below and include your resume, cover letter, and portfolio. We thank all applicants for their interest however, we will only contact candidates under consideration.