Want to be a Twirler?
Twirling Umbrellas is looking for a creative and tech-savvy Senior Web Developer to add to our growing team in Kelowna, BC. Have a degree or certificate in computer science? That’s awesome. Are you self-taught and love writing beautiful code? We want to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Develop custom WordPress websites and plugins and to improve, maintain, and update existing client websites
- Write beautiful, fast, secure, and well-documented code
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members
- Attention to detail and completing QA checklists
- Collaborate with the content and design teams to build killer digital experiences
- Own various development tasks involved in the website project life cycle from start to finish
- Stay on top of industry best practices
- Track all time to our Project Management software
What you’ve got
- A background in or experience developing custom themes for WordPress or another major open-source CMS
- A passion for coding and bringing websites and digital experiences to life
- An innovative and detail-oriented personality
- Enthusiasm about your career and a big opportunity with a growing creative agency
- Bonus points for experience working with an IDE (Visual Studio), CSS preprocessors (SASS), version control systems (GIT), and other fun stuff
- Education in a relevant field is an asset (computer science or web development)
About Twirling Umbrellas
We’re a unique digital agency located in beautiful Kelowna, BC. Our office is on the 3rd floor of the Kelowna Innovation Centre and we always take the stairs (well, most of the time). Our focus is on transforming brands and using the web to make people’s lives better. We work with local and international clients, from progressive start-ups to large public corporations. Our goal is to produce great work in a casual and fun environment.
Speaking of the environment, our office space is colourful. Just like our brand. It’s a space where collaboration happens, good music plays and the coffee is always on. We do monthly company challenges because who doesn’t like a little friendly competition? When you’re a Twirler, you’ll have a healthy and sustainable work/life balance. What are you waiting for? We can’t wait to welcome you to Team Twirling.
You must be eligible to work in Canada and located in or near Kelowna, BC. This is a full-time position.
How to apply
Fill out the form below and include your resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, we will only contact candidates under consideration who have applied via our website.