Twirling Umbrellas Ltd. is looking for a detail-oriented, data-loving SEO Specialist to add to our growing team. As a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist at Twirling Umbrellas, you will develop and implement marketing strategies for clients, while monitoring and reporting results using a variety of platforms.
What you’ll do
- Work under our marketing director to develop and implement meaningful SEO strategies for our clients.
- Conduct thorough keyword and competitor research, to be used throughout the client’s website and marketing materials.
- Produce comprehensive content and link building strategies to grow relevant, organic website traffic.
- Write original, high-quality copy, including keyword-targeted metadata and traffic-generating blog posts.
- Test, analyze, and make changes to the client’s website to improve site health and domain authority.
- Deliver measurable results through the execution and management of successful campaigns.
- Share important marketing metrics in monthly client-facing reports.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest search trends and SEO best practices.
What you’ve got
Interested candidates are adaptable, self-starters with technical writing skills. You are inquisitive and forward-looking, with a genuine interest in SEO and digital marketing. You are ready to work for a growing digital agency.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable taking a strategy and running with it. You’ll work independently for blocks of time, but feel confident collaborating with our marketing team to make recommendations and report on results.
Here are some other qualities we’re looking for in our next team member:
- A team player who is interested in sharing knowledge with other Twirlers and collaborating on integrated projects.
- Must be able to explain technical information to those who have mixed levels of ability and technical understanding.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and upgrade skills continuously. You like to consider yourself a problem-solver.
- An understanding of how Google works and the ability to think big-picture, predicting changes and adapting in real-time to major algorithm updates.
- Proven ability to create original thoughts and measure KPIs. We run off new ideas and data-driven results.
If you are Google Certified and have experience with WordPress or another major open-source CMS, be sure to let us know. Other assets to this position include:
- Experience using SEO software for keyword and competitor analysis.
- Experience improving website performance metrics (core web vitals, page speed, mobile friendliness, etc.).
- Experience using PPC platforms (Google Ads, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Experience using Ecommerce platforms (Shopify, BigCommerce, etc.).
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.).
- Experience using heat mapping software and session recordings to follow a user’s journey and make recommendations for improving user experience.
- Regardless of your background, a great writing portfolio and a proven history of successful digital marketing campaigns will go a long way. If you have experience in supplemental areas, send us an example and show us what you’re capable of.
- You must be eligible to work in Canada and located in or near BC
- Full-time position with the option of a 4-day (32 hour) or 5-day (40 hour) work week
- Extended health benefits
- Quarterly Professional Development days and upskilling opportunities
- (5-day) Salary starting from $50,000 – 55,000 commensurate with experience
About Twirling Umbrellas.
We’re a unique digital agency located in beautiful Kelowna, BC. We help underdogs compete with giants by creating dynamic digital experiences, optimized through next-level support. Our goal is to produce great work in a casual and fun environment.
This position offers the option of being fully remote or hybrid from our office in the Kelowna Innovation Center. We connect daily through video meetings and Slack, weekly for virtual team-building activities, and quarterly for in-person professional development days to keep us inspired and growing.
Twirling Umbrellas is committed to building an environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed, and included. We believe Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging are fundamental in our vision and strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, racialized people, people with disabilities, and/or gender diverse communities. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
To apply, fill out the form below and include your resume, cover letter, and work samples. We thank all applicants for their interest however, we will only contact candidates under consideration.