Twirling Umbrellas is looking for a talented, WordPress Developer to add to our team.
What you’ll do
- Develop custom WordPress websites and plugins.
- Improve, maintain, optimize, and update existing client websites.
- Write beautiful, fast, secure, and well-documented code.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for speed and scalability.
- Collaborate with other team members.
- Quality assurance and testing.
- Stay on top of industry best practices
What you’ve got
- 2+ years of experience developing custom, responsive themes for WordPress (or another major open-source CMS).
- Education in a relevant field is an asset (computer science or web development) is a plus, but not mandatory.
- A passion for coding and bringing websites and digital experiences to life, is, however, mandatory.
- Enthusiasm about your career and the desire to help grow into a world-class digital agency.
- An innovative and detail-oriented personality.
- Bonus points for experience working with an IDE (Visual Studio), CSS preprocessors (SASS), version control systems (GIT), and other fun stuff.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- This is a full-time position (which for us means a 4-day work week).
- Salary starting from $55k to $60k commensurate with experience
- Extended health benefits (after probation).
About Twirling Umbrellas
We’re a unique digital agency located in beautiful Kelowna, BC. Our focus is on transforming brands and using the web to make people’s lives better. We work with local and international clients, from progressive start-ups to large public corporations. Our goal is to produce great work in a casual and fun environment.
While we are currently working remotely, this may change in the future. We connect daily through video meetings and Slack, weekly for virtual team-building activities, and quarterly for professional development days to keep us inspired and growing.
Twirling Umbrellas is committed to building an environment where everyone feels heard, welcomed, and included. We believe that diversity and inclusivity are fundamental to our vision and strongly encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, disabilities, and/or from diverse communities.
How to apply
To apply, fill out the form below and include your resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact candidates under consideration.