Two Amazing Programs to Grow Your Business Online
Oh, hi! You made it. We’re glad to see you found this blog post because that lets us know you’re clearly on the right path. We’re guessing you’re here because COVID is affecting your business. First off, 2020 was a rough year, so kudos to you for powering through. Secondly, 2021 isn’t looking much different, but fear not! Amongst all the chaos and loss that ensued because of the worldwide pandemic, some beautiful adaptations to the way we live have bloomed. And one of these (which was inevitable in the long run) is online business––the art of making your product or service accessible to anyone, anywhere on earth.
COVID is to ecommerce as a puck in Jacques Plante’s face was to goalie masks.
If you’re a small or medium-sized business (less than 149 employees) looking to step up your digital game, then we’ve got good news for you. Our provincial government has put together the Launch Online Grant program as part of StrongerBC, our province’s economic recovery plan. The program was recently approved for additional funding and will now invest a total of $42 million (previously $12 million) in BC’s small to medium-sized businesses to get them online. They are also widening the scope of eligibility to include the development of both online stores and booking systems (previously only online shops).
The grant will pay for up to 75% of eligible expenses.
Funds must be used to hire BC companies (wink wink, nudge nudge).
And when it comes to getting approved, it’s first in, best dressed!
Find out if your business is eligible today!
- Is your business owned by a BC resident and your primary operations are based in BC? Yes? Great! Then keep reading.
- Do you need to build an online shop or booking system and currently don’t have one? If you answered yes, then you’re in with a great chance of getting your grant proposal approved! Head over to the eligibility criteria section on the Launch Online webpage to read full details.
- Do you currently have a super basic online shop or booking system and need to develop it further to grow your business? Well, you might be eligible and it all depends on the online store or online booking features you currently have. Check out the full eligibility criteria on the Launch Online webpage to find out if you’re in the running to apply.
“Today, we are witnessing what will surely be remembered as a historic deployment of remote work and digital access to services across every domain, including medicine, education, government, entertainment and more. In the coming weeks and months, services will be further digitized as the creativity of a massive work-from-home population gets rolling.”Bob Swan, CEO of Intel
So hustle up and get granting! These four easy steps will help you get approved.
- Get in touch with some friendly humans who kill it at digital, aka Twirling Umbrellas! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 778-484-5540.
- Let us help you write an awesome grant proposal detailing how we’ll help you use your funds. We can think of a million ways to up your digital game!
- Complete the online application.
- Wait patiently to find out if you got approved. This can take up to three weeks.
Questions about program details and eligibility criteria can be forwarded to email@example.com.
And in case you’re already ready to begin your application, click here!
The Small and Medium Sized Business Recovery Grant program is designed to keep you on top during the pandemic and beyond.
The BC government is handing out grants of $10,000 and up to $30,000 for small to medium sized businesses impacted by COVID-19. Plus, if you’re in the tourism industry, like many businesses in the Okanagan, you may even get dibs on an additional grant of $5,000 to $15,000.
To get an idea of the amount you may be entitled to, check out the graph below.
|Pre-COVID* annual revenue||Grant amount|
|Up to $100,000||$10,000|
|$100,001 to $1,000,000||$15,000|
|$1,000,001 to $2,000,000||$20,000|
|$2,000,001 to $3,000,000||$25,000|
|More than $3,000,000||$30,000|
What you need to know
- There are many ways to use your funding. Let’s be honest, though, it’s a digital world and what matters is to keep up with it. It so happens that hiring a BC-based online marketing agency gets you bonus points on your application, and we’d love to help with that! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 778-400-6380.
- Apply before September 30th, 2021 — Hurry! The deadline may arrive sooner if funds are fully expended beforehand.
Wondering if you’re eligible? We made this snappy list to make it easier on you.
- The majority of your business is owned by a resident of this beautiful province.
- Your business has been operating in BC for over a year and a half.
- You don’t employ more than 149 people.
- Your business was in good financial standing before the pandemic.
- Your business must have faced a 30% revenue loss since March 2020.
- You weren’t prepared for this hardship (who was?!).
If this sounds like you, buckle up and get this show on the road, ‘cause you may have some money coming your way! Apply here. You’ll also need a recovery plan. Thankfully, there’s a template for that too.
It’s a digital world out there and we’re going to help you deliver.
Let’s Launch Your Business Online.
Whether you’re selling services or products, there are programs available to help you get your business online. Reach out today to get started!
Fill out a quick form, answer a couple questions, and we’ll see what we can do for your business!Get Started