Laura is a seasoned Project Manager with over 20 years of experience. She has worked at marketing, design, video gaming, and animation studios in Toronto and Vancouver. As Project Manager at Twirling Umbrellas, Laura makes sure our projects are on time, on budget, and meeting client goals and expectations.
Laura has a Bachelor of Arts in Communications, and is also a Communications and Advertising Accredited Professional. Prior to joining the Twirling Team, she worked for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games on the Brand and Creative Services team. She also spent time at two animation studios, and worked agency-side in Toronto at two marketing firms.
Over the last two decades, Laura has honed her skills in project planning and management, and is able to create seamless workflows for complex projects. She runs a tight ship with a smile on her face!
- Bachelor of Arts, Major in Communication Studies from Wilfrid Laurier University
- Has worked with clients and teams around the globe, including Vancouver, Toronto, Ottawa, Los Angeles, India, and the UK.
- Worked for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games on projects including the design and creation of the Olympic medals.
“I take pride in helping clients turn their ideas into reality in a timely, collaborative, and creative environment. It’s rewarding to be a trusted partner for another business and supporting them in achieving their vision.”
In her free time, you’ll likely find Laura in her garden tending to her flowers and veggies. A mother to two Lego fanatics, she also enjoys relaxing with a hot cup of tea and some chocolate, and shredding the black diamonds at Big White with her family.
Who Inspires Laura
- Edward Burtynsky
- Jane Goodall
- Roald Dahl
- My kids
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
- Worked on numerous animated television series including Rick & Morty, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teen Titans Go!, and Emmy Award winning All Hail King Julien.
- Became an Okanagan Master Gardener in 2019