Ryan is an award-winning creative strategist with over 13 years of experience. He has written clever content for clients around the world. Ryan inspires original thought and follows through, helping companies to clearly articulate their unique point of view. As Twirling’s Creative Director, he ensures that our strategies and work is on-point and solves real business challenges.
Ryan has a degree in Marketing and also studied Psychology and Communications. Before joining our team, he was Senior Copywriter at a large ad agency, and then Director & Partner at a digital/design agency in Vancouver. Over his career, Ryan has developed expertise across a range of industries including Consumer Goods, Retail, Government, Financial, Alcohol, and Non-profit. Ryan also oversees our Cannabis division, Ten/17 Digital.
- Bachelor of Business, Major in Marketing from Simon Fraser University
- Crafted copy and campaigns for SunRype, MEC, Vancity, London Drugs, and Granville Island Brewing
- Created work for clients in New York, Toronto, Vancouver, Cairo, and Maui
- Work has been featured on HuffPost Online, Marketing Magazine, Applied Arts, Buzzfeed, and Ads of the World
- Was once a semi-occasional, very-amateur, stand-up comedian
Every new project is a new puzzle to solve. I enjoy helping companies find the right words, while arming them with ideas that separate them from the pack.
Outside of work, you’ll find Ryan enjoying family time, searching for rare birds, relaxing in a float tank, and making synthwave beats. A hot sauce and comedy connoisseur, he’s all about the fiery one-liners.
Who Inspires Ryan
- Mitch Hedberg
- John Steinbeck
- Tina Fey
- Pinchy & Friends
If you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen.
- Lotus Award
- Applied Arts Awards
- Vancouver Social Media Award
- Guinness World Record
- Man of Movember, 2009